- This event has passed.
Tudor Open Day
15 July @ 11:00 am - 4:00 pm| £3
There’s lots to do for adults and children. Why not:
- Have an adult or family tour to discover the history that happened on your doorstep
- Meet Bess of Hardwick or Mary Queen of Scots (in the discovery centre for one week only)
- Get lost in the lavender labyrinth
- Dress up as a prince and princess
- Pretend you’re at the seaside and build a sandcastle in the giant sandpit
- Get stuck in the brand new stocks!
- Discover giant wooden games dotted throughout the site.
- Make a historical craft sometimes joined by a costume character
- Imagine the ruins are a castle and needs defending from attack!
When you have finished exploring bring a blanket for a picnic (there will b hot and cold drinks and snacks on sale in the Discovery Centre) or wander down the hill to the Rhubarb Shed Cafe to tuck into a tasty meal enjoying the Pictorial Meadows as you go.
Open every Sunday from Easter to mid October, 11am –4pm
£3 per adult, Children free
Season pass available
Prices may vary on event days. Please check their event page for details of any special days coming up on site.