Community Health Champions
PASSIONATE ABOUT IMPROVING THE HEALTH OF PEOPLE IN SHEFFIELD!
Did you know that
- On average, you will die 12 years earlier if you live in the least healthy neighbourhoods of Sheffield, than people in the healthiest neighbourhoods.
This is why the Health Champions are so important!
What kind of work would a health champion do?
- Promoting health messages to the people, groups and organisations they are involved with
- Supporting people from their communities in making health choices
- Organising activities that provide people with the skills and knowledge to live healthier lives
- Providing peer support to people to help them make and maintain healthy choices
Helping to make their community a healthier place by:
- Helping to find out about the health challenges their community faces
- Finding out about health services that are available. Being able to signpost and support others to access those services
What will Health Champions gain from volunteering for the programme?
- Useful skills, knowledge and experience
- Free training, including qualifications
- At least 6 months’ work experience with a reference at the end
- Working as part of a team
- Opportunities to share ideas with others
- A voice in planning future health work in Sheffield, through the Network of Health Champions
- The chance to make a difference to the health of people in your local community.
For more information please contact: