Displays of a child’s artwork is a great way to boost confidence and self-esteem. This shows children that their creative efforts are valued.
At the Pre-School:
- Children’s art work, art creations (ie models) and photographs will be displayed creatively around the rooms.
- They will reflect all children’s interests and experiences in nursery and from home.
- Children’s artwork will be labelled with name and date.
- All displays will have a heading.
- Children’s art work will be backed neatly. Photographs and text boxes also will be backed in the same way as children’s work.
- Paper for art and craft work to be cut with guillotine and neatly squared off before it is given to the children to use.
- Some of the artwork will be on children’s eye level.
- Whenever possible children’s quotations will be include
- Artwork will be changed or updated regularly.
- We will show the wider learning of an activity ie the process as well as the end product.