Statement of Intent
We believe in high quality care and education. This is promoted by providing children with safe, clean, attractive, age and stage appropriate toys/resources and equipment. These facilitate appropriate experiences for all children regardless of age, stage and need.
To provide children with resources and equipment which help to consolidate and extend their knowledge, skills, interests and aptitudes.
In order to achieve this, all play equipment, books and resources provided:
- That we select will promote positive images of people of all races, cultures and abilities. They will be non- discriminatory and avoid racial and gender stereotyping.
- They will be in sufficient quantity for the number of children.
- Will be safe and where applicable conform to the BSEN safety standards or Toys (safety) Regulation (1995).
- Any found to be unsafe, worn out, dirty, damaged or dated? Will be cleaned, repaired or replaced where necessary.
- They will promote all areas of children’s learning and development, which may be adult or child led.
- Will promote continuity, progression and provide sufficient challenge to meet the needs and interests of all children.
- Will be stored and display where children can independently choose and select them.
- Checked regularly as they are set out at the beginning of each session and at the end of each session.
We will also:
- Provide made, natural and recycled materials which are in good condition and safe for the children to use.
- Provide furniture that is suitable for children.
- Have adequate insurance cover for Pre-School’s resources and equipment.
- Keep an inventory of resources and equipment and use it to;
- Review the balance of resources and equipment so that they can support a range of activities across all areas of play, learning and development.
- Record the dates and results of checking the resources and equipment.