Sunshine Pre-School are looking for:
Excellent command of English as writing is an integral element of the role. Minimum of A-C in Maths and English. An abundance of enthusiasm and a passion for caring and teaching are essential. Will be based at Woodthorpe Children’s Centre
To work as part of the Early Years team under the direction of the Senior Early Years Practitioner and Room Leaders to provide safe, high quality education and care for babies and young children in line with the EYFS. To cover when staff receive supervision.
- To assist in planning, preparation and implementation of challenging, exciting activities and fun experiences for young children.
- To interact with children and babies always including lunch time and during staff breaks ensuring a language rich environment is consistently available.
- To facilitate children’s learning, through offering appropriate child centres support, stimulation and interaction.
- To adhere to the safeguarding procedures and acknowledge their responsibility in terms of safeguarding the children and adults in their care.
- To work with parents and carers to ensure they are aware of their child’s progress, including strengths and weaknesses.
- To attend staff meetings.
- To attend in-service training courses and meetings as required.
- Maintain levels of confidentiality as expected.
- To observe and assess children, planning next steps to maximise progress and support development.
- To utilise Tapestry and involve parents in their children’s learning wherever possible.
- To contribute to the development of SEN plans and ensure their implementations.
- To undertake any other duties as directed by the Senior Early Years Practitioner or Pre-School Manager in accordance with the pre-school business plan and objectives.
- To adhere to current policies, procedure and legislation e.g. Children Act 2004, health and safety.
- To work within key worker system.
- To provide a stimulating outdoor learning environment.
- To model exemplary and outstanding EYP interaction.
- To monitor and maintain a healthy stimulating outdoor learning environment, which promotes challenge and risk.
It is the nature of the work of the pre-school that task and responsibilities are, in many circumstances, unpredictable and varied. All staff are therefore expected to work in a flexible way when the occasion arises so that tasks which are not specifically covered in their job description must be undertaken. If additional responsibility or tasks becomes a regular or frequent part of the member of staff’s job, it will be included in the job description in consultation with the member of staff.
This Job Description is presented in general terms and is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities. The post holder will be expected to review this regularly with their line manager.
NB. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Applicants must be prepared to disclose any convictions they may have and any orders which have been made against them.