Health & Wellbeing
Get involved and get healthy…
Manor and Castle Development Trust works in partnership with NHS Sheffield to deliver a programme of activities that include:
- A Community Health and fitness development worker who runs regular, free activities in the local area. Including health walks, boxercise, zumba fitness, chair-based aerobics, weight management, mens fitness and much more
- Stop smoking support on a one to one basis at local venues or in your own home. more
- 1 to 1 advice from a health trainer to help you to make a personal action plan, lose weight, eat healthily and access free services
- Mental health and wellbeing support.
- Wanna Walkers: friendly, local walking group. All shapes and sizes welcome. Walks are short and you can go at your own pace.
- STEPS (Steps to Excellence for Personal Success) This course aims to build self-esteem and confidence and support people to achieve their aspirations and goal.
- Pathways to Health and Social Care Programme aimed at people wishing to work in health and social care. The programme offers skills and knowledge, taster days to experience work in the sector and support to find employment.
- Health champions: Volunteers whose role it is to support people to eat healthily, be physically active and improve their mental wellbeing and so help to improve the health of people in their communities. Support and training are provided.
Latest from our blog
After a great 2018 in the community garden with a bumper crop of homegrown tomatoes to a giant pumpkin. That saw the group create amazing pieces of metal artwork that took pride of place [...]
The Best Start team is delighted to announce that they have been awarded a Lottery Community Fund grant of £346,000 for their new project, Best Start Communities Count too (BSCCtoo) which will run until 2022. [...]