Want to improve your health? Want to lead a healthier life?
Free & Confidential sessions available to adults living in the Manor, Castle and Arbouthorne areas.
What can a Health Trainer help you with?
- Advice and information
- Making personal action plans
- Healthy Eating
- Where to access free services for exercise
- Lose weight
- Get more active
What is a Health Trainer?
- Health trainers are people who have been recruited from within the local communities
- Health trainers have been trained to work with you on a one to one basis to help you to improve your health
- Health trainers are not personal trainers or physical instructors and do not give medical advice
Who can see a Health Trainer?
- Anyone who is aged 16 and over
- Anyone who has decided to make a healthy lifestyle change
Anyone who is thinking of making a change to their lifestyle
What does a Health Trainer offer?
- Support, encouragement and motivation
- Referral to other services and activities
- The chance to set your own health goals
- 6-7 sessions on a one-to-one basis
- Accompany you to first appointments
- Identify groups or activities in your local area
For more info or to arrange an appointment contact
Laura – 0114 278 9999
Kellyanne – 0114 278 9999
Michael – 0114 252 1035 / 0114 278 9999
Latest from our blog
After a great 2018 in the community garden with a bumper crop of homegrown tomatoes to a giant pumpkin. That saw the group create amazing pieces of metal artwork that took pride of place [...]
The Best Start team is delighted to announce that they have been awarded a Lottery Community Fund grant of £346,000 for their new project, Best Start Communities Count too (BSCCtoo) which will run until 2022. [...]